Monthly Archives: October 2013
1984 Costumes: What the wha?
It was 1984. I was 5 years old. And I actually have no memory of this Halloween at all. From the photos I can gather that this was a church Halloween party and that I was a white bunny and my younger sister was a lion.
We kids were dressed in fairly traditional costumes: Bunny, Gypsy, Raggedy Ann, Superman, Clown, another Bunny (the nerve!), and a Lion.
For being a children’s party at church, there are some pretty creepy looking costumes in the background.
1. Is that a giant hat or does the person have a sack over their head?
And why? Is it a scarecrow? Why doesn’t it have a face?!!!
2. Probably the most disturbing of all. Is that a green-faced bearded lady wearing a shower cap, rubber kitchen gloves, and holding a broom?
3. That is actually a Care Bear, but it’s still scary.
4. This clown is way more creepy than fun and there is some seriously unfortunate positioning going on with that balloon. Also, why do we only have oblong balloons? Was there a round balloon shortage that year?
5. This mini clown in front is also disturbing. Especially the way it’s staring at the other children.
And seriously…what in the bleepity-bleep are those things?!!!
What were some of your childhood costumes?
Were there certain costumes that frightened you as a child?
Let me know in the comments!
*This post is linked to SITS Blogtober 2013: Throwback Thursday.
I Make Myself the Queen is an itty-bitty newborn blog. Please be gentle with it, wash your
hands before touching it, and be sure to come back often to tell it how cute it is!
Read my family blog www.coolestfamilyontheblock.com